Los Vientos Hideaway - A Hiker's Paradise
Enjoy tranquility, and desert vistas from every window. Situated on 9 private acres of open desert. Amazing 360 degree views of the surrounding Pipes Canyon desert, mesas and mountains.
• 360 degree views on your own private hilltop
• 9 private acres to explore on the property
• 6,000+ acres to explore just steps out the backdoor in the Sand to Snow National Monument
• Fully-equipped chef's kitchen with complete set of dishes, utensils, chef's knives, bakeware
• Keurig coffeemaker with assortment of K-cup coffees, teas and cocoa
• Dining area with inlaid wood table for 4 people
• 14,000 BTU Air Conditioner
• Two lounger chairs with views of the desert and black lava mesas
• Private porch
• Digital radio with Pandora and iPhone/iPad connectivity
• Portable bluetooth speakers
• Western-style stucco fireplace in the living room
• Mitchell Gold sofa (opens to queen) in living room
• Queen "infinity" bed with rustic headboard
• Wrap-around desert and mountain views from the bedroom
• Full tub and shower
• Iron/ ironing board
• Acu-rite Weather Center with temperature and wind speed monitor
• Soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. provided
For more information visit www"LosVientosHideaway"com
• KEY / DIRECTIONS
The directions and code to the lock-box with the key is in the "Directions" section of your itinerary. Once the reservation is confirmed you can access this on your desktop by going to "Your Trips" then "View Itinerary" or in the "Reservation Confirmed" email.
• DOG FEE
Dogs may be allowed but the renter must first contact the owner for discussion. There is a flat $25 per dog fee. Please review our guidelines in the house rules as well.
• STAR TOUR
If you would like a better view of the night sky there is a company called Coyote Telescope that offers a “Star Tour" that uses the fantastic Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD computerized telescope. Visit www"coyotetelescope"com for more information.
• SAND TO SNOW: BLACK LAVE BUTTE AND FLAT TOP MESA
Just steps out the backdoor is the new designated national monument with over 6,000 acres to explore. Discover incredible petroglyphs on the boulders and uncover bedrock mortars along the way. This rivals any hike found in Joshua Tree National Park and almost no one knows except the locals. You are not likely to see anyone else on this hike.
• PAPPY & HARRIET'S
If you plan to have dinner at Pappy & Harriet’s, we strongly recommend making an advance reservation.
• SOCIAL MEDIA
If you plan on sharing your experience on social media, please tag us! @LosVientosHideaway on lnstagram and /LosVientosHideaway on ƒacebook. You can also “check-in” to “Los Vientos Hideaway” on both platforms.
50 yards away - 6,000+ acres in the Sand to Snow National Monument crisscrossed by hiking trails.
7 miles away - Historic Pioneertown includes a classic western 'Mane Street' and the famous Pappy and Harriet's Pioneertown Palace, with nationally-known live acts and great food.
15 miles away - The Integratron. This historical structure is a resonant tabernacle and energy machine sited on a powerful geomagnetic vortex in the magical Mojave Desert.
20 miles away - Joshua Tree National Park. A premier desert destination in the national park system. It offers unsurpassed scenery, day and overnight hiking, world-class rock-climbing, camping, and educational programs.
30 miles away - Desert Hot Springs. Home to world famous spas.
50 miles away - Palms Springs, the Desert Hills outlet malls, and the Morongo tribal casino.
Enjoy four-wheel driving? Well-mapped trails 4WD routes abound in the area. An hour's drive along well-mapped fire roads takes you from the Pipes Canyon floor through forests of Joshua trees to the alpine meadows of the eastern San Bernardino Mountains, recently designated as the Sand to Snow National Monument.
Other Things to Note:
The high desert climate is distinctly cooler than in the lower desert region of Palm Springs and its neighboring desert cities. Nights are pleasant even in midsummer, desert breezes blow year-round and we even get snow from time to time in the winter. It's always a good night to enjoy a fire in our traditional stucco fireplace.
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Pets Considered
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Dining Area
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Towels Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Pantry Items
- Housekeeper Optional
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Deck / Patio